Cryptocurrency is actively used in various areas of our life. People actively use crypto for everyday transactions, purchases, and payments for services. For a long time, the problem was the small number of services that were processing cryptocurrency payments. But today CoinsPaid, BitPay, Coinpayments, and many other payment gateways are successfully solving this issue.
Crypto Exchanges – Unjustified Risks and Complexities
Classic centralized crypto exchanges are suitable for novice users due to the simplicity of the interface but have some limitations and risks for potential exploitation. All user work and system functionality are under the owner’s full control of such service. Additional fees for transactions are also charged in favor of a third party.
The most famous crypto exchanges:
The main risks when working with classic crypto exchanges:
- Data Access. User funds are controlled by those who own the project;
- Security Threats. Despite the fact that all major sites pay a lot of attention to security, there is always a risk of hacking from the outside;
- Requirement for identity verification. It negatively affects the anonymity of the user;
- Additional risks. Probability of manipulation or falsification of trading volumes.
Cryptocurrency payment gateways – new opportunities for business and users
Today, companies from various fields face the problem of a lack of convenient and profitable payment solutions. Cryptocurrency gateways are the solution to such problems. Therefore, many international payment services continue to develop rapidly. Industry leader CoinsPaid is a prime example. Over the year, the total number of transactions increased by 170%, and the average check doubled. And the total number of transactions for the first time in history reached the level of more than 1.5 million per month.
Experts predict that this trend will continue, given the important benefits of using cryptocurrency gateways:
- Minimum commissions for users;
- No need to keep rolling reserves;
- Absence of the problem of complex registration, and filling in data on the exchanges;
- No money volatility. Operational exchange into the desired currency proceeds in real-time;
- Automatical incoming money conversation into chosen cryptocurrency;
- Possibility of quick money withdrawal to a bank account;
- Instant transactions lead to an increase in the total number of customers.
How to choose a cryptocurrency payment gateway
The advantages of such services have become the reason for the active development of this market as well as new companies creation. So now you can have a logical question – how to choose the right company in such a quickly developing market? In any case, the choice should be taken responsibly, taking into account the personal priorities of the user.
The main criteria for choosing a cryptocurrency gateway:
- Work experience;
- Number of supported cryptocurrencies;
- Functionality and user-friendliness;
- The size of the commission;
- Anonymity for users;
- Security of data and transactions.
Each of these points deserves special attention. We will consider them in more detail, and also highlight the market leaders, taking into account the main comparison criteria.
Reliability and number of transactions
The number of transactions can be considered one of the main indicators of user confidence. A lot of users, a large number of transactions, and a high average check testify to the reputation and reliability of the cryptocurrency gateway.
For comparison, we will consider the indicators of market leaders from official sources:
|Gateway name||Number of transactions per year||Number of transactions per month||Number of transactions per day||Ranking score|
|CoinsPaid||9 200 000 (2021)||1 585 000 (March 2022)||51 130||5|
|BitPay||710 000||70 165||2263||4|
|Coinpayments||590 000||49 166||1586||3|
|MoonPay (fiat on-ramp)||500 000||41 667||1389||3|
|Fireblocks||480 000||40 000||1290||3|
|Confirmo||49 714||4 142||138||2|
Number of cryptocurrencies
Each user is individual. He can use not only BTC but also many popular altcoins. Therefore, it is important that the gateway works with a large number of cryptocurrencies. Most companies understand the importance of this choice. They are actively expanding the list of supported cryptocurrencies, helping to quickly conduct transactions without double commissions.
Leading global companies are starting to work with service providers that make everyday operations much easier, faster, and more profitable.
|Gateway name||Partners||Ranking score|
|CoinsPaid||Sum-n-Substance, LexisNexis, 10Guards, Hacken, Kaspersky, OPSWAT, Scorechain, Crystal Blockchain, SoftSwiss, Merkeleon||4|
|BitPay||Newegg.com, PacSun, JomaShop, Microsoft, and Dish TV||4|
|Fireblocks||Galaxy, Genesis, GSR, Amber, Enigma||4|
|Coinpayments||NordVPN, BitGild, Binance, Cointelegraph||3|
|Confirmo||General Bytes, Alza, Trezor, GoPay||2|
|MoonPay||Jambb, CoinGate, Flow||2|
|CoinGate||Simplex, Eliptic, Changelly, DaoPay||1|
Businesses that are using the gateway
The number of businesses working with the cryptocurrency gateway confirms its reliability for other niches. As a rule, a business always values its money, saving time and additional resources. Therefore, each company tries to carefully choose the appropriate gateway to pay for their services or goods.
|Gateway name||Number of merchants||Ranking score|
It is quite logical that every person or business is interested in saving. He tries to look for cryptocurrency gateways that can offer the minimum commission. From open sources, we have collected up-to-date statistics that will help you to choose the most convenient and profitable option.
|CoinsPaid||No monthly fees, just 0.8 % per transaction||5|
|Confirmo||No monthly fees, just 0.8 % per transaction||5|
The logical desire of every user is to see the security of their transactions and money. This opportunity is provided by new solutions of cryptocurrency gateways. In addition to two-factor authentication, financial guarantees, proprietary monitoring systems, reputation and additional functional solutions of companies appear.
|CoinsPaid||Double security audited by Kaspersky and 10Guards, Hacken. Additional technology features: 2FA, support 24/7, error monitoring||5|
|Fireblocks||MPC-CMP private key, keys stored in SGX. The Policy Engine allows users to configure a list of rules that affect how transactions are handled and approved.||5|
|CoinGate||Multi-factor authentication, phone verification, password, email, biometrics. Mandatory whitelisting of external addresses when withdrawing funds and checking e-mail. User support online.||4|
|CoinPayments||2FA, support 24/7, error monitoring||3|
|MoonPay||Backups are encrypted using AES with 256-bit keys, error monitoring and Multi-Factor authentication||3|
|BitPay||Store securely (secure assets with multi-sig and optional key encryption in BitPay’s non-custodial wallet), multi-factor security, and multi-factor wallets to split payment authorization across up to 12 devices.||2|
|Confirmo||iDenfy verification, multi-factor security.||1|
As a conclusion we’ve made a short graphic that will help you to easily compare all the previous advantages and make a decision on what cryptocurrency gateway suits you most. Under this rating, you’ll find brief information about each brand separately.
Leaders at a Glance
CoinsPaid is recognized as a leader not only in our ranking but also according to the Finnovex Qatar Awards 2022 and AIBC 2021. One of the leading cryptocurrency gateways in the world, which has won recognition in various fields of activity. Over the past 2 years, the company has achieved impressive success – including transactions for a total of 12 billion euros, and cooperation with over 800 B2B clients. Thanks to the CoinsPaid functionality, partners do not need to worry about the high volatility of cryptocurrencies, since the exchange rate will not affect the final income. The gateway includes the function of instant exchange and the ability to conduct transactions in fiat.
- Standard commission – 0.8% for transactions without converting money into fiat;
- Support for multiple accounts;
- Ability to adjust user roles for the account that is comfortable for company employees;
- Guaranteed uptime – 99.9% of the entire lifetime of the platform;
- Compliance with EU regulatory standards;
- Operational technical support.
The company has its own professional analytical department, which regularly studies regulatory changes in the cryptocurrency payments market, making changes to the functionality and capabilities of the service.
A well-known American service in the cryptocurrency payments market. It began its full-fledged history in 2011. During the reporting time, it has gained the status of one of the easiest gateways to use. An open-source wallet that supports transactions in all regions of the world.
- Possibility of instant withdrawal of money, work with different currencies;
- One of the most secure, fastest cryptocurrency gateways;
- Minimum commission;
- Open source plugins;
- Support for bank deposits in 38 countries of the world;
- Versatility of use. Support for more than 40 languages;
- Stable work with all cryptocurrency wallets.
Fireblocks is one of the leaders in the cryptocurrency transaction market. Thousands of crypto and digital currency companies are actively using the Fireblocks software and API to complete transactions.
The company offers a wide range of functions and features for the convenience and security of users.
- A large number of businesses working with the company;
- Guaranteed stability of processes around the clock. The prompt response of technical support to problems;
- Security, SOC II Type II certification, regular functional tests;
- Responsible company policy. Disaster recovery, multiple layers of user asset protection.
MoonPay has been operating since 2019. The main goal of the company is to popularize the use of cryptocurrency. Two young entrepreneurs were able to organize a fairly simple but effective software to use. Thanks to this, users from all over the world have been able to participate in the largest digital revolution. The company continues to grow actively, offering users one of the most profitable and convenient cryptocurrency gateways.
- Cooperation with Jambb, CoinGate, and Flow;
- Minimum fees for users;
- Backups are encrypted using AES with 256-bit keys, error monitoring, and Multi-Factor authentication.
The company is actively working on the development of the cryptocurrency payments industry. An easy-to-use gateway that supports a wide range of settings. The service started its work in 2014, now it offers a wide functionality for the users.
- Trusted by users because of experience since 2014;
- 24/7 operation, maximum transaction speed;
- The ability to exchange for any popular currencies of the world online;
- High-speed technical support response.
A worthy choice for those who prefer reliability and brand reputation. The stability of the company is confirmed by the years of existence. It works universally not only with Bitcoin, but also with Ripple, Litecoin, and other well-known altcoins. Basically, this payment gateway is of interest to sellers, given the favorable terms of cooperation.
- One of the lowest transaction processing fees;
- Minimum commissions for sellers;
- Availability of own applications for smartphones on Android and IOS;
- A wide range of supported cryptocurrencies – more than 1200 options;
- Regular distribution of new coins;
- Large selection of additional plugins;
- Automatic coin conversion.
Most major gateways work with only a few popular cryptos. The CoinGate project made a difference by providing its users with the possibility of using more than 70 different top cryptocurrencies. The CoinGate account can be integrated with most CMS, and can be emailed or distributed. Payments are converted into conventional currency or back converted into dollars or euros for withdrawal to a bank account.
- A huge number of supported currencies;
- Suggested add-ons to work with most sites in the field of e-commerce;
- User-friendly interface;
- Charges an additional commission when working with fiat.