For the last month, we have been observing how the entire civilized world is actively uniting around Ukraine, this also applies to gambling companies. We have collected news reports on how the gambling and crypto world reacts to the war in Ukraine:
- Crypto exchange Coinbase, from the USA, blocked more than 25 thousand wallets as part of the sanctions.
- The Skrill payment system has stopped providing services to aggressor country.
- The Binance crypto exchange has disabled the direct sale of cryptocurrencies to Russian cardholders. P2P selling works without changes.
- Piastrix wallet can no longer be topped up with a card or qiwi wallet. Kiwi withdrawals are still available.
- Casino Casumo closed partner accounts for affiliates as part of the sanctions, commissions were confiscated.
- The world’s largest online poker resource PokerStars has suspended work in Russia. It is not possible to withdraw funds from the account.
- GG.BET, with head department in Cyprus, suspends its activities as part of the sanctions. Bets were close on March 30 at 00:00:01.
From March 11, 2022, the availability of replenishment in EUR will be closed to citizens of the Russian Federation. From May 07, 2022 TransferWise / Wise blocks accounts. The decision was made due to the political situation.
Neteller and Skrill (England)
From 01:00 Moscow time on March 09, 2021, Skrill and Neteller have banned Russian citizens from depositing and withdrawing money in accordance with international sanctions (as follows from the messages on their websites). As for the citizens of the Republic of Belarus, there is no exact information yet. Tellingly, the message appeared on the websites of these payment systems just a few hours before the deadline. Customers didn’t even get email notifications.
Parimatch (Ukraine) has completely withdrawn the franchise
On March 26, the company completed all legal and technical processes required for the final withdrawal of the Parimatch franchise in Russia. Country is disconnected from the Parimatch Tech software and is not allowed to use the Parimatch brand in any format or on any platform. This means a complete ban on the use of advertising materials, symbols and slogans of Parimatch on the territory of the aggressor country. In addition, they was disconnected from all exclusive and general technological solutions of the Parimatch Tech holding.